Tokinex, the Bitfinex and Ethfinex token sale platform, today announces the successful completion of its 5m USD token sale of Ultra (UOS) in just 35 seconds.
Ultra is a protocol and platform positioned to disrupt the $140bn gaming industry by using blockchain technology to allow anyone to build and operate their own game distribution platform or virtual goods trading service.
Successful participants were able to contribute directly from their exchange wallet and will receive UOS tokens in return on 17th July, when UOS deposits and withdrawals open at 08:00 UTC.
Nicolas Gilot, Co-CEO of Ultra states, “The Ultra sale on Tokinex could not have gone better, with a completely smooth process end to end. We are thrilled by the demand for UOS and proof that the crypto community shares our vision for the future of the gaming industry. We are excited to progress forwards with the next stage in Ultra’s journey, together.”
Ultra is the second sale on Tokinex to successfully reach a 5m USD hard cap, following the sale of synthetic commodity AMPL from the Ampleforth project.
Jean Louis van der Velde, CEO of Bitfinex and Ethfinex adds, “This successful second sale has shown Tokinex to be a consistently worthy platform for kickstarting quality token initiatives. Providing the community with access to the most innovative projects is of fundamental importance to us, and the next in the pipeline, to be announced soon, is no exception.”
UOS token trading on opens on Bitfinex & Ethfinex 10:00 UTC on 17th July, with UOS/USD and UOS/BTC the first pairs available.
Launched in May 2019, Tokinex is the IEO platform of Bitfinex and Ethfinex that brings fair opportunity to participate in curated token projects. It gives everyone the chance to contribute to pre-vetted token sales directly from their personal wallet through common crypto assets, and with no personal data or funds held by the exchange. Tokinex uniquely does not require tokens to pay an upfront fee for listing, and following a successful capital, raise are subsequently listed on the two exchanges as permitted by applicable law.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), a partner at ICO services collective Token.Agency ($750m+ and 90+ ICOs and STOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur. He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat. Irish Tech News put him in the top 10 Token Architects in Europe.
Kastelein has an Ad Honorem – Honorary Ph.D. and is Chair Professor of Blockchain at China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business Automation 4.0 programme. Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+ innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for the UK government’s Innovate UK division.
Kastelein has spoken (keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, Prague, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara (2x), Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich.
He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe. He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com, and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French. A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart, Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian expatriate living around the world. In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’ travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and yachting publications. He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments – July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings – July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds – July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web – July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash – July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform – July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials – July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty – July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial – July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext – July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 – July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association – June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria – June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard – June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress – June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project – June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency – June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction – June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO – June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services – June 3, 2019
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.