Euronext, the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, announced today that it has subscribed the entire €5 million capital increase of Tokeny Solutions, resulting in a 23.5% stake and strong governance representation.
Launched in 2017, Tokeny Solutions provides all private markets securities issuers, from mid-cap companies and asset management companies to advisors like investment banks, with modular and user-friendly end-to-end solutions to issue, manage and transfer tokenized securities on a public blockchain. Tokeny Solutions’ unique T-REX protocol1 integrates compliance obligations into the digital asset smart contract, to create tokens compliant by design.
Tokenization2 allows institutions to digitize financial assets, such as equities, debt-like instruments, funds and streamline administration to provide clients with a digital-first service. Tokeny Solutions’ end-to-end platform enables the issuance and the management of tokenized securities throughout their lifecycle.
This investment complements Euronext’s position in the nascent digital asset industry, combining Tokeny Solutions’ token management expertise with LiquidShare’s post-trade solutions.
Selected as 2019 Startup of the Year at KPMG’s FinTech Awards Luxembourg, Tokeny Solutions will allow Euronext to onboard a renowned team in the digital asset industry and broaden its client base towards private companies and investment firms.
Convinced of the long term impact of tokenization on the financial industry, Euronext is committed to developing solutions that continue to serve its clients and ecosystem going forward.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), a partner at ICO services collective Token.Agency ($750m+ and 90+ ICOs and STOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur. He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat. Irish Tech News put him in the top 10 Token Architects in Europe.
Kastelein has an Ad Honorem – Honorary Ph.D. and is Chair Professor of Blockchain at China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business Automation 4.0 programme. Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+ innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for the UK government’s Innovate UK division.
Kastelein has spoken (keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, Prague, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara (2x), Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich.
He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe. He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com, and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French. A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart, Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian expatriate living around the world. In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’ travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and yachting publications. He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash – July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform – July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials – July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty – July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial – July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext – July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 – July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association – June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria – June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard – June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress – June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project – June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency – June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction – June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO – June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services – June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines – June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia – June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery – June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle – June 3, 2019
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.