The Pandora Boxchain team have accounced they have created a reference implementation of the ERC1329 – Inalienable Reputation Token during ETHBerlin Hackathon and the first version of ERC1329 token is available on GitHub.
Co-founder of Pandora Boxchain Maxim Orlovsky said:
“Reputation token is not a replacement for usual tokens with economic value and market price. It’s an addition on top to them, that is sometimes (not always) needed to build provably-secure incentivisation system.”
Why a Reputation Token Is Important?
When building trustless decentralized P2P networks, we may need to utilize multi-stage/repeated games (in terms of game theory). In such cases, reputation becomes the measure that helps to build economic incentivization schemes for the selected economic game. The reputation works as a “glue” that ties together the actor responsibility over time, creating an ability to utilize the strengths of repeated economic games. The main property of such reputation should be inalienability.
In this case, reputation system needs some specific kind of token, that can’t be transferred between actors. Why? Because if the reputation may be transferred, it can be sold; and if it can be sold, it breaks the whole game setting and economic incentives, creating different Nash equilibrium and generally getting worse protection from malicious actors (lower Byzantine tolerance). Also, we should remember that private keys of the account can be compromised, so the owner can loose tokens but not reputation.
The project’s goal is to create world decentralized artificial intelligence the same way Bitcoin has created world decentralized payments and Ethereum — world decentralized computer. The Pandora Boxchain’s team believes that our world will be expanding into decentralized artificial intelligence soon, and thus decentralised, trustless, and global computing network is needed. That’s why the team is creating Prometheus Consensus, their own consensus protocol. This uses Reputation and Stakes mechanics to protect the network from being compromising by malicious behavior of some participants.
Currently the team invites blockchain developers, visionaries and end-users interested in AI to enter into discussions about future of the Blockchain, AI and ML, share ideas and take a part in developing open source ecosystem of Pandora Boxchain. You can get more information on the official website, telegram channel or reddit.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network – September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size – September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap – September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens – September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation – September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework – September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo – September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform – September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things – September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion – September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange – September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections – August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO – August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score – August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea – August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet – August 29, 2018
- One in Four Smart Contracts Have Critical Vulnerabilities – AmaZix and Hosho partner to bring further security to the crypto community – August 29, 2018
- PlayChip Ecosystem Hits One Million Global Users – Online Gamers Embracing Cryptocurrency – August 28, 2018
- Ethos Unveils Bedrock, A Revolutionary Platform Connecting Financial Institutions With the Blockchain – August 28, 2018
- PwC survey: 84% of companies now using blockchain, so what does the future hold? – August 28, 2018
View All Articles
BerkleeICE’s Open Music Initiative to Host Music a…