On March 4, 2019, Insolar is launching the Testnet 1.1 of its blockchain platform with the participation of external nodes in its network.
The Swiss technical University ETH Zurich and Toronto’s York University have already reserved their nodes, as well as several bluechip companies, will be participating.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private blockchain solutions on the Insolar blockchain platform: the most secure, flexible and scalable blockchain for business.
In January 2019, Insolar successfully launched its Testnet 1.0 with a throughput of over 10,000 transactions per second on 20 nodes. During Testnet 1.0, all the participating nodes were hosted internally by Insolar.
Since Insolar’s platform is linearly scalable, each new active network node added to the network allows for the platform’s speed to increase. This makes the speed at which the platform can perform practically unlimited. The significance is decisive: in earlier generations of blockchain transaction speed typically becomes slower when more nodes join the network.
With its unrivalled scalability, Insolar has set a valuable milestone for achieving widespread enterprise adoption of the blockchain, a technology which can revolutionize the way the world does business. Gartner predicts that in the near future, 20% of global economic infrastructure will be running on blockchain-based systems, which will add the colossal US $3.2 trillion in annual business value.
The launch of the Testnet 1.1 coincides with recent improvements in the performance of the Insolar platform. The fixes and enhancements have allowed the network throughput to increase to over 16,000 transactions per second on just 20 nodes. This makes it the most scalable blockchain platform for enterprise worldwide. As an example, Paypal can only handle 193 transactions per second.
Running a node during Insolar’s Testnet 1.1 is free and easy, while network participants can create accounts, generate transactions, and observe network capacity and throughput.
Insolar is building an open source, enterprise-grade blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies and unlock new growth opportunities. Insolar’s 4th generation architecture, which blends the best of cloud, the blockchain, and distributed tech, creates cost efficiencies, opens new revenue streams, and powers transformative business models; it is secure, scalable, interoperable, affordable, and easily deployed. In addition to the platform, Insolar offers full-service blockchain consulting and product development to accelerate companies from proof-of-concept to production. Insolar is ranked #1 among blockchain projects worldwide in development activity, according to Cryptomiso. It is a global team of 60+ people in North America and Europe, including 45 full-time engineers, 10 leading blockchain academics from major institutions (York University, ETH Zurich, Princeton), and a founding team of serial tech entrepreneurs and enterprise veterans.
To learn more, visit: https://www.insolar.io.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains – February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet – February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants – February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad – February 25, 2019
- Next Generation Public Blockchain IOST to Launch Mainnet with 150+ Global Partner Network – February 25, 2019
- Industry Experts Weigh in on Upcoming Ethereum Constantinople and St. Petersburg Forks – February 25, 2019
- Singapore’s Tribe Accelerator Cuts deal with ConsenSys to Advance Blockchain Ecosystem – February 25, 2019
- Report: The State of Stablecoins 2019 Hype vs. Reality in the Race for Stable, Global, Digital Money – February 21, 2019
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service – February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain – February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange – February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth – February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting – February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 – February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain – February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT – February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP – February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy – February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies – January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution – January 30, 2019
View All Articles
Cloud Alternative SONM Connects a Million Devices …
Zilliqa Launches Sharding Enabled Testnet Focused …
WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO …
Exscudo Successfully Launches Eon Blockchain Testn…
Energy Web Foundation launches Blockchain and Appl…