Next generation public Blockchain IOST, will launch its highly anticipated mainnet with multiple decentralized applications (DApps), six months ahead of schedule, on March 10, 2019. With a global network of more than 150 partners, including Huobi, DDEX, iBank Digital Asset, and CoinGecko, the IOST mainnet will support a host of new DApps in the coming weeks.
The team claims this is one of the most accessible, community-friendly platforms to come to market, with games, wallets, decentralized exchanges, stablecoins, and other applications launching in tandem.
Jimmy Zhong, Chief Executive Officer of IOST said:
“The real value of a network is dependent on the applications that come with it, not just the technology behind it. Ultimately, mainstream users do not choose operating systems – they choose the applications which bring the most efficiency and enjoyment into their daily lives. Launching our mainnet alongside a number of DApps that are ready to engage with is a meaningful step for the IOST ecosystem, and our hope is that it will play a positive role in the widespread acceptance and adoption of blockchain technology.”
They claim that the IOST network is distinctive in that its Proof-of-Believability Consensus Mechanism (PoB) challenges centralization of nodes while ensuring high transaction speeds and network performance.
“While traditional Proof-of-Stake consensus algorithms leave control and compensation in the hands of a few nodes, PoB constantly rotates nodes and block production. At the same time, PoB ensures scalability, where hundreds, if not thousands of nodes can participate in transaction processing and validating transactions in the network each day.”
In the lead up to the launch, IOST also announced its unique Global Partner Program, which aims to create a more accessible way for individuals, teams and organisations of both technical and non-technical backgrounds to contribute and decide on the future of the IOST network, while being rewarded for their contribution to the ecosystem. This marked the first time that retail users were able to participate in the growth and security of a blockchain network in its early stages.
Davis Gay, Co-founder of Rate3 commented:
“Building the iStablecoin service on IOST has accelerated our ability to reach a wider base of users and introduce them to a lively, fast-growing ecosystem. Significantly, IOST is the first to launch a mainnet that immediately represents what the broader blockchain ecosystem looks like, complete with native and non-native applications, and existing users.”
IOST’s mainnet launch follows a string of recent ecosystem developments, including the completion of the IOST public testnet, which achieved processing speeds of more than 8,000 transactions per second (TPS); the establishment of the USD$50 million IOST ecosystem fund to support DApp projects; and the launch of the Global Partner Program, characterized by a unique node election process that encourages contributors at all levels of technical expertise to partake in building the IOST ecosystem.
IOST is an application-friendly, next-generation public blockchain infrastructure, helping decentralized app developers overcome some of the most challenging problems with mass adoption. IOST says they solve the scalability trilemma or having to select between levels of security, scalability, and decentralization. Through a “Proof-of-Believability” consensus mechanism, IOST enables DApps to build and deploy more meaningful services on its platform, helping more everyday users experience the mass benefits of blockchain services. IOST has a global presence, with offices in Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Berlin, San Francisco, New York and Singapore.
For more information, please visit: https://iost.io
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains – February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet – February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants – February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad – February 25, 2019
- Next Generation Public Blockchain IOST to Launch Mainnet with 150+ Global Partner Network – February 25, 2019
- Industry Experts Weigh in on Upcoming Ethereum Constantinople and St. Petersburg Forks – February 25, 2019
- Singapore’s Tribe Accelerator Cuts deal with ConsenSys to Advance Blockchain Ecosystem – February 25, 2019
- Report: The State of Stablecoins 2019 Hype vs. Reality in the Race for Stable, Global, Digital Money – February 21, 2019
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service – February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain – February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange – February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth – February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting – February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 – February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain – February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT – February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP – February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy – February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies – January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution – January 30, 2019
View All Articles
Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet
Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick …
Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block
ATM-Style Machines to Bring Blockchain to the Mass…
Tezos Prepares Beta Launch