Lon Wong, founding member of NEM.io Foundation and CEO of ProximaX, has joined up with Blockchain Over the Top (OTT) project SportsFix as their new Chief Technology Advisor.
“SportsFix demonstrates how blockchain syncs with conventional business,” Wong explains his reason advising SportsFix. “I am happy to support this novel transition, the traditional OTT platform will soon utilize the use of a consensus mechanism from its members to access video content.”
Lon Wong is a long-time advocate of blockchain technology. He is the CEO of ProximaX, an advanced extension of the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), and served as the first president and a founding member of one of the world’s largest open-source blockchain technology project, NEM.io Foundation, Ltd.
Having 30 years experience building businesses, from engineering consultancy to software applications, Wong’s professional career has always been focusing on architecture technology and innovations.
Approaching their Token Sale, which goes live on October 9, SportsFix says they are excited to have Lon Wong as our Chief Technology Advisor, in a recent press release.
SportsFix CEO Carl Kirchhoff welcomed Lon Wong:
“Having Lon Wong on board to help build the SportsFix Protocol is exciting. With his guidance and experience, we will be able to leapfrog legacy infrastructure and models, leveraging latest Decentralized Ledger and Blockchain Technology.”
“The capitalization of blockchain on a community-driven streaming platform is one of the ideal pathways to introduce the technology for mass market utilization. In SportsFix case, it is implementation of their digital rights management and content distribution.”
SportsFix is developing the ultimate self-contained token ecosystem, for sports content, namely the SportsFix Digital StadiumTM. Backed by blockchain technology, the community-based platform allows every sports fan to watch, engage, and be rewarded by their favorite clubs and communities across the globe.
SportsFix’ Digital Rights Management grants users tokenized viewing entitlements. The digital rights management system utilizes blockchain viewership ledger as a storage to automate the release of each sports content within SportsFix Digital StadiumTM Economy.
SportsFix is a leading OTT platform in South East Asia and is expanding its reach throughout Asia. The beta platform of Digital StadiumTM has been delivering some of Southeast Asia’s most popular sports content from Liga 1 Gojek, Serie A, world’s premier kickboxing GLORY, to world’s most prestigious badminton tournament, the all-year BWF tournaments.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor – October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX – October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! – October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax – October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project – October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem – October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos – October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet – September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund – September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies – September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain – September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk – September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering – September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) – September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open – September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season – September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked – September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens – September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges – September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics – September 17, 2018
View All Articles
ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for …
IP Gold Ditches Ethereum for NEM Blockchain
Monex Buys Post-Hack Coincheck for $33.5M, Aims Fo…
NEM Launches Catapult Blockchain Platform Update
PeerStream Hooks Lon Wong’s ProximaX as Firs…