Ledger has announced that it has expanded operations to New York City and appointed Demetrios Skalkotos to lead global business unit operations for Ledger Vault. A multi-authorization cryptocurrency self-custody management solution built to secure large amounts of various digital assets, Ledger Vault is the preeminent enterprise security solution for financial institutions.
“As Blockchain revolutionizes the financial system, so must the security solutions that protect it,” said Skalkotos. “Secure storage of large multi-cryptocurrency funds is a highly complex challenge that cannot be solved by just implementing procedures. Institutions are looking for safer storage options along with integrated governance policies, but don’t want to sacrifice convenience — at Ledger, we believe that investors shouldn’t have to compromise. Ledger Vault provides financial institutions, family offices and fund managers with secure software and a reliable governance framework — allowing investors total control and security without sacrificing speed.”
The Ledger Vault provides state-of-the-art-security by integrating the company’s custom operating system, BOLOS, directly into the hardware security module chip — making it the only crypto-asset protection company to combine a secure chip with its own custom operating system. Ledger Vault provides the information technology infrastructure for firms to completely manage and control their cryptocurrencies, allowing custodians, asset managers and traditional financial services firms to store and trade their digital assets.
Having served in senior leadership roles at internationally recognized financial services companies, Skalkotos has decades of experience running global software and infrastructure businesses, as well as P&L’s, product development, sales and marketing. Skalkotos uniquely understands the industry and is well positioned to help financial institutions, hedge funds, high-net worth individuals and family offices ensure security is top of mind as cryptocurrency investments continue to be embraced by mainstream financial organizations.
“New York City is the center of the financial world, hence having our Ledger Vault operations based in the region was a natural fit,” said Pascal Gauthier, President of Ledger. “Having spent his whole career working as a leader in enterprise and financial services products, Demetrios Skalkotos is the perfect candidate to bring Ledger Vault to life and oversee its continued growth.”
“As crypto becomes more widely adopted, it is critical that we scale enterprise-level solutions accordingly,” continued Skalkotos. “The Ledger Vault does just that — we are the necessary digital plumbing that will provide security custody management to the industry.”
For more information about the Ledger Vault, please visit www.ledger.com/pages/ledger-vault.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Ledger Expands to New York City – November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board – November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements – November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars – November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric – October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers – October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens – October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition – October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid – October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds – October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform – October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users – October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners – October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor – October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX – October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! – October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax – October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project – October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem – October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos – October 2, 2018
View All Articles
Unchained Capital Approved For Crypto-Backed Loans…
Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption…
Blockchain Startups and Enterprises Launch IoT Pro…