Jakarta Futures Exchange, the leading futures and derivatives exchange group in Indonesia, announced an expanded Memorandum of Understanding with Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange. With the partnership, Jakarta Futures seeks to develop an Indonesian based and regulated blockchain exchange using Kinesis technology.
Kinesis is a monetary system which is based on the traditionally stable commodities, gold and silver. The Kinesis Monetary System (JFX) allows participants to mint their precious metals onto the blockchain using a bespoke process developed by Kinesis in partnership with Allocated Bullion Exchange (ABX).
This evolutionary monetary system in which real assets are used as the basis for digital currencies, are transacted on the Kinesis Blockchain Exchange, a fork of the Stellar Network which is able to handle more than 3000 transactions per second. The system is also integrated with mobile banking and fiat currency exchange services.
ABX, the world’s leading electronic institutional exchange for physical precious metals, has been working with JFX to expand gold investment opportunities in Indonesia. JFX is a leading exchange for gold futures contracts, and is now launching a spot physical Sharia Gold Contract, in partnership with ABX, having been granted approval by Indonesian regulators and the Indonesian National Shariah Board. A blockchain exchange version of gold-based currencies, through collaboration with Kinesis and ABX, is a natural extension of the JFX and Indonesian government vision.
The expanded partnership between JFX, Kinesis and ABX envisions an Indonesian blockchain exchange based on the technical advances of the Kinesis Blockchain Exchange.
This partnership is part of JFX’s future intention to create blockchain-based solutions in addition to existing infrastructure, allowing investors alternatives, in which to benefit from an increased ease, speed and security of transactions. The future development of this partnership propels institutional acceptance of blockchain technology, through the sharing of concepts, business models and technology solutions.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Wieke Beenen
Writing has always been the red thread in my life. In the early 90’s I attended the Journalism program at the School for Journalism in Utrecht and later the History and Journalism program at the RUG in Groningen. I spent a number of years working in the Caribbean boating industry as a first mate on several charter boats as well as in the island media writing about culture, flora and fauna. After moving back to the Netherlands I started my own translation business in 2005. After a short detour teaching kids English at several high schools, I’m now back doing what I like best, writing and editing content for Blockchain News.
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial blockchain venture with Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia – November 16, 2018
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers – November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities – November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans – November 8, 2018
- Radiant Earth Foundation teams up with Blockchain software company ConsenSys to Make Geospatial Data More Accessible – November 8, 2018
- A Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against India Globalization Capital, Inc. by Gainey and McKenna & Egleston – November 7, 2018
- Blockchain used to empower African smallholder farmers to enter the global food market – November 6, 2018
- Blockchain Company Reveals a Powerful Fitness App Aiming to Reward Workouts with Tokens. – November 2, 2018
- WeedMD and Blockstrain launch Proprietary Genome Tracking Software to Protect Cannabis Genetics & Intellectual Property – October 25, 2018
- Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge announces 2018 Winner of its fourth annual Competition on Necker Island – October 25, 2018
- Investx stabilizes Token by adopting Holo’s Ethical ICO model – October 25, 2018
- MIT Silvio Micali’s Algorand announces $62M in Funding and Appoints new Executive Team – October 24, 2018
- Partnership between Charity Game Master and SilverLogic Marks Beginning of a Worldwide Charity Health Network – October 22, 2018
- Blockchain-enabled supply chain platform ensures legal flow of products through the Canadian cannabis market – October 19, 2018
- New Documentary Funded by Crypto Shows People’s Problems and Tangible Solutions through Blockchain – October 19, 2018
- Number of Blockchain Startups have Tripled In Israel – October 18, 2018
- Report sheds new Light on Participation or Involvement of Celebrities in Blockchain and ICOs – October 18, 2018
- Record Rate of New Crypto Hedge Fund Launches in 2018 – October 17, 2018
- Woz U and BlockGeeks Announce New Partnership, offering Career Training with Expertise in Blockchain Technology. – October 15, 2018
- VNX Exchange announces Partnership with NEM, Bridging the Gap between the Mainstream Financial Industry and the Crypto-economy – October 12, 2018
View All Articles