Lithuanian Blockchain company Lympo, successfully launched its early version of the app (called Lympo Run) on September 9, during Vilnius Marathon – the largest annual marathon in the region.
More than 15 thousand running enthusiasts from 55 countries took part in Danske Bank Vilnius Marathon this year. Almost 4 thousand runners used Lympo Run to track their runs and earn LYM crypto token rewards for successfully completing events.
A wave of interest from marathon participants helped Lympo Run to instantly rise to the top and become the No. 1 health and fitness app in Lithuania on both Google Play and the App Store.
“During the marathon, I’ve had a chance to talk with a few runners who used Lympo Run to track their races. It was incredibly inspiring to finally see people enjoying the app and actually getting rewards for completing challenges. We still have so much ahead of us, but this was truly a beautiful start and a major milestone in Lympo’s journey,” – said Ada Jonuse.
Lympo who incentivizes healthy habits by rewarding people for completing sports challenges, is encouraging healthy living around the world by rewarding people for exercising and leading more active lives. With the help of blockchain technology and fitness gamification, users are paid through the app for completing fitness challenges.
The rewards are issued as LYM crypto tokens and they can be used to purchase sports products, such as sports clothes and sneakers on the Lympo marketplace, right from inside the app. LYM tokens can also be exchanged to euros or dollars on digital currency exchanges.
Being overweight affects up to 70% of European adults, and not only would incentivizing physical activity address this problem by encouraging a more active lifestyle, but the health and fitness products that LYM tokens buy could help more people easier achieve their own personal fitness goals.
Lympo has already closed partnership deals with the sports world elite like the No. 2 women tennis player in the world Caroline Wozniacki and the NBA club Dallas Mavericks.
“It’s a winning combination to offer our runners a new way of motivation for their quest to achieve health goals and have Lympo Run supporting this year’s Danske Bank Vilnius Marathon,” said Race Director Darius Mikulis.
Lympo CEO, Ada Jonuse, is a frequent speaker at blockchain events and has been named an emerging European tech star by the Financial Times, Google and other New Europe 100 list partners. Before co-founding Lympo, Jonuse worked for the United Nations and in the European Parliament. Her primary goal with Lympo is to create an ecosystem where data is used efficiently by all industry stakeholders, and where everyone is rewarded fairly.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publicationNews (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens – September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation – September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework – September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo – September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform – September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things – September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion – September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange – September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections – August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO – August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score – August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea – August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet – August 29, 2018
- One in Four Smart Contracts Have Critical Vulnerabilities – AmaZix and Hosho partner to bring further security to the crypto community – August 29, 2018
- PlayChip Ecosystem Hits One Million Global Users – Online Gamers Embracing Cryptocurrency – August 28, 2018
- Ethos Unveils Bedrock, A Revolutionary Platform Connecting Financial Institutions With the Blockchain – August 28, 2018
- PwC survey: 84% of companies now using blockchain, so what does the future hold? – August 28, 2018
- Kingdom Trust Launches Lloyd’s of London-Insured Qualified Custody Platform for Digital Currency – August 28, 2018
- Boyce Avenue Joins Quizando as Global Development Kicks Off – ICO Planned – August 28, 2018
- Abele Group USA Announces Submission of Confidential Reg A+ Filing for Initial Coin Offering with SEC – August 28, 2018
View All Articles
Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chair…
Lithuania Kicks Off Securitized Token Revolution
Lithuania Prepares Remote LLC Registration and Man…