Filmio, an entertainment platform that aims to democratize the filmmaking, TV, and VR industries, just launched its website, which outlines its decentralized entertainment platform and ecosystem to democratize these industries.
Filmio believes talented creators should have opportunities, that fans should have a voice, and that investors should have access to better metrics for predicting success. Filmio is leveraging the democratizing power of blockchain technology to meet the needs of all members of the entertainment industry.
Filmio Executive Chairman, Bryan Hertz, said, “We saw a gap in the current entertainment ecosystem when it comes to independent film, VR, and TV. There are plenty of film lovers who want to watch more unique, diverse, and original content, but it’s very difficult for indie filmmakers to not only make their films, but to find their audience. We saw an opportunity to create an ecosystem that connects creators to fans and actually incentivizes fan involvement to elevate the best ideas from indie filmmakers whose content isn’t getting made in the current system.”
Using the tokenizing capabilities enabled by blockchain technology, Filmio rewards fans for evaluating and rating projects early in the creative process. They can discover projects, and influence the creative process with votes, reviews and promotion. This fan-creator symbiosis grows a meritocratic, self-sustaining ecosystem where the best projects reach fruition.
This feedback will be invaluable to filmmakers, and the aggregate of fan ratings and social interactions will be compiled into a one-of-a-kind algorithmic validation metric representing fan opinion. This ‘Go Score,’ as Filmio calls it, could offer studios, production companies, financiers, and other industry players a solid indication of a film’s likelihood of success early on in development. Such a measure of a project’s potential resonance among fans has never before been realized in Hollywood.
“Blockchain is the only technology that adequately enables the creation of a peer-to-peer path connecting fans to creators,” said Don Richmond, Filmio Chief Marketing Officer who boasts over twenty years of experience working with such notables as HBO, DIRECTV, ESPN, and Showtime. “Our vision is that, by connecting these two groups, the best ideas will gain attention from financiers, investors, and other industry players key to a project’s success.”
Given the rise of security tokens offering a promising, more disciplined foundation for blockchain applications within the volatile utility-token-only ICO market, Filmio has engineered a best-of-both-worlds solution: a dual-token ecosystem comprised of FILM security tokens and FAN utility tokens. The Filmio Decentralized Platform is being built on EOS for optimal scaling, speed, data storage, and developer support. These efforts are led by Chris J Davis, Filmio’s Chief Technical Officer who is a full stack developer with experience building blockchain-based projects and over 20 years of experience in design and engineering.
Given a talented team with knowledge of both the problems in entertainment as well as the capabilities of blockchain technology and tokenization, Filmio is well-suited to build a decentralized solution for the film, TV, and VR industries.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Wieke Beenen
Writing has always been the red thread in my life. In the early 90’s I attended the Journalism program at the School for Journalism in Utrecht and later the History and Journalism program at the RUG in Groningen. I spent a number of years working in the Caribbean boating industry as a first mate on several charter boats as well as in the island media writing about culture, flora and fauna. After moving back to the Netherlands I started my own translation business in 2005. After a short detour teaching kids English at several high schools, I’m now back doing what I like best, writing and editing content for Blockchain News.
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem – December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover – December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies – December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency – December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team – December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform – November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX – November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever – November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain – November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain – November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. – November 21, 2018
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? Blockchain Based Voting app VOATZ could Lead the Way – November 20, 2018
- Switcheo Network Launches First Exchange to Support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. – November 20, 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop Fake News Detection Filter – November 19, 2018
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial blockchain venture with Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia – November 16, 2018
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers – November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities – November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans – November 8, 2018
- Radiant Earth Foundation teams up with Blockchain software company ConsenSys to Make Geospatial Data More Accessible – November 8, 2018
- A Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against India Globalization Capital, Inc. by Gainey and McKenna & Egleston – November 7, 2018
View All Articles