Who says ICOs are dead?
69,179,855 FET tokens were sold in just 22 seconds today with orders pledged by nearly 20,000 people for Fetch.AI’s, successful token sale via Binance Launchpad.
Of those orders 2,758 separate contributors successfully bought FET tokens with orders processed by Binance in 11 minutes 14 seconds. The sale raised $6 million for the Fetch.AI Foundation Pte. Ltd to further development of its decentralised infrastructure for deploying digital representatives ‘Autonomous Economic Agents’.
At 14:00 UTC on Monday 25 February 2019 Binance Launchpad opened its doors to FET contributors for a single session where contributors could exchange Binance’s native token, BNB, for FET. Each FET token was priced at 0.0867 USD with a maximum allocation of $3,000 per contributor during the sale.
Humayun Sheikh, CEO at Fetch.AI commented:
“We’re very pleased to have reached our target for the token sale in such a short time achieving a wide distribution of tokens with the intentionally modest individual cap.” He continued: “Now the sale has finished the entire team is very much focused on releasing more of our technology over the coming months.”
Fetch.AI has already delivered key aspects of its decentralised platform for deploying Autonomous Economic Agents including a high performing Test Network incorporating its Smart Ledger and a fully functioning Virtual Machine that enables developers to build ‘Synergetic Smart Contracts’.
Synergetic Smart Contracts are a unique property of the Fetch.AI network. They are extensions to the original concept of smart contracts, enabling off-chain computation to be included in agreements involving multiple parties. Examples include the use of Smart Contracts to solve optimisation problems in mobility, such as package delivery, ride-hailing and autonomous car routing.
Toby Simpson, CTO at Fetch.AI commented:
“Our Synergetic Smart Contracts are specifically designed to solve and use optimisation tasks that may be combinatorial in nature and in many cases involve very large amounts of computation.” He continued: “Importantly, they enable optimised coordination between distributed parties in situations where coordination can provide an economic gain to all participants. It hasn’t been possible to do this type of decentralised machine learning with Smart Contracts – until now.”
Fetch.AI will be releasing a series of further product innovations over the coming months including its Network Participation App. The app allows anyone to easily point and click to attach autonomous agents to the sensors in their smartphones. Connectivity to the Test Network means agents can help people realise the economic value of their smartphone sensor information by making it available for trading.
For more information please visit www.fetch.ai
Join the official Fetch.AI Telegram channel for the latest updates: https://t.me/fetch_ai or follow Fetch.AI on Twitter @fetch_ai.
Fetch.AI is based in Cambridge, UK, with development talent across the globe. Fetch breathes life into machines, data, services, and infrastructure with digital representatives called Autonomous Economic Agents™ that can trade autonomously and unsupervised. Fetch delivers a unique, decentralised digital world that adapts in real-time to enable effective, friction-free value exchange. Powered by innovations such as the world’s first Smart Ledger, Fetch has digital intelligence at its heart: delivering actionable predictions and instant trust information, while enabling the construction of powerful collaborative models. With unrivalled performance and scalability, Fetch is the missing critical infrastructure for tomorrow’s digital economy.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Founder and publisher of industry publication Blockchain News (EST 2015), partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group ($500m+ and 50+ ICOs), director of education company Blockchain Partners (Oracle Partner) – Vancouver native Richard Kastelein is an award-winning publisher, innovation executive and entrepreneur.
He sits on the advisory boards of some two dozen Blockchain startups
and has written over 1500 articles on Blockchain technology and
startups at Blockchain News and has also published pioneering articles on ICOs in Harvard Business Review and Venturebeat
Ad honorem – Honorary Ph.d – Chair Professor of Blockchain at
China’s first Blockchain University in Nanchang at the Jiangxi Ahead
Institute of Software and Technology. In 2018 he was invited to and attended University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for Business
Automation 4.0 programme. Chevalier (Knight) – Ordre des Arts et des
Technologies at Crypto Chain University and on advisory board of Advisory Board Member of International Decentralized Association Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain (IDABC) as well as Advisory Board Member at U.S. Blockchain Association.
Over a half a decade experience judging and rewarding some 1000+
innovation projects as an EU expert for the European Commission’s SME
Instrument programme as a startup assessor and as a startup judge for
the UK government’s Innovate UK division. Kastelein has spoken
(keynotes & panels) on Blockchain technology in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Brussels, Bucharest, Dubai, Eindhoven, Gdansk, Groningen, the Hague, Helsinki, London (5x), Manchester, Minsk, Nairobi, Nanchang, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Shanghai, Singapore (3x), Tel Aviv, Utrecht, Venice, Visakhapatnam, Zwolle and Zurich
His network is global and extensive. He is a Canadian (Dutch/Irish/English/Métis) whose writing career has ranged from the Canadian Native Press (Arctic) to the Caribbean & Europe
He’s written occasionally for Harvard Business Review, Wired, Venturebeat, The Guardian and Virgin.com and his work and ideas have been translated into Dutch, Greek, Polish, German and French.
A journalist by trade, an entrepreneur and adventurer at heart,
Kastelein’s professional career has ranged from political publishing to
TV technology, boatbuilding to judging startups, skippering yachts to
marketing and more as he’s travelled for nearly 30 years as a Canadian
expatriate living around the world
In his 20s, he sailed around the world on small yachts and wrote a
series of travel articles called, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Seas’
travelling by hitching rides on yachts (1989) in major travel and
He currently lives in Groningen, Netherlands where he’s raising three teenage daughters with his wife and sailing partner, Wieke Beenen.
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains – February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet – February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants – February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad – February 25, 2019
- Next Generation Public Blockchain IOST to Launch Mainnet with 150+ Global Partner Network – February 25, 2019
- Industry Experts Weigh in on Upcoming Ethereum Constantinople and St. Petersburg Forks – February 25, 2019
- Singapore’s Tribe Accelerator Cuts deal with ConsenSys to Advance Blockchain Ecosystem – February 25, 2019
- Report: The State of Stablecoins 2019 Hype vs. Reality in the Race for Stable, Global, Digital Money – February 21, 2019
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service – February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain – February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange – February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth – February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting – February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 – February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain – February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT – February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP – February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy – February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies – January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution – January 30, 2019
View All Articles
Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco …
Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad…
“Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Le…
Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content…
Neufund Partners with Binance and Malta Stock Exch…