Coinberry, a Toronto based digital currency platform providing simple and quick ways to buy and sell cryptocurrencies for the Canadian market, is negotiating with the City of Richmond Hill, located just north of the City of Toronto, to provide a solid cryptocurrency payment processing solution. The city Council recently voted in favor of entering into an agreement with Coinberry, to provide an option for property tax payments in Bitcoin for residents and businesses alike.
The announcement marks Coinberry’s second municipal partnership in less than six months, and illustrates a growing move towards the implementation of real world digital currency solutions. The town of Innisfil, a town in Ontario, was the first municipality in Canada to allow residents to pay property taxes with Bitcoin in partnership with Coinberry.
“We believe that the demand for a digital currency payment option is only going to grow in the coming years, especially amongst millennials”, said Richmond Hill Deputy Mayor Joe Di Paola who moved the motion.
“Our Council was aware of Coinberry’s successful implementation of a digital currency payment service with the Town of Innisfil, and since there was no cost and no risk to the City of Richmond Hill to do the same, it made the decision that much easier for us.”
While still in process, the new partnership will also have municipal staff report back on the feasibility of using Coinberry’s technology for additional payments of other city fees and charges.
“We are very happy to be entering into a partnership with our second Canadian Municipality,” said Andrei Poliakov, Coinberry CEO and Co-Founder.
“Leaders of government and enterprise organizations are realizing that, with the right partners, they can innovate with Blockchain and digital currencies. We’re pleased to be working on additional innovative solutions with leading enterprise and municipal partners, and have a number of very exciting initiatives we will be announcing over the next several months.”
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Wieke Beenen
Writing has always been the red thread in my life. In the early 90’s I attended the Journalism program at the School for Journalism in Utrecht and later the History and Journalism program at the RUG in Groningen. I spent a number of years working in the Caribbean boating industry as a first mate on several charter boats as well as in the island media writing about culture, flora and fauna. After moving back to the Netherlands I started my own translation business in 2005. After a short detour teaching kids English at several high schools, I’m now back doing what I like best, writing and editing content for Blockchain News.
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments – July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 – June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org – May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps – May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans – May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch – May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 – May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay – May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores – May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space – May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform – May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community – May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch – May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country – May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies – May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending – May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 – May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies – May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets – May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum – May 1, 2019
View All Articles