In this episode, Dave Hollerith interviews Catherine Coley, CEO of Binance.US. Binance is the largest global cryptocurrency exchange in the world, but it has avoided competing in the U.S. until a few months ago with the launch of Coley’s subsidiary.
To remain compliant with regulations, Binance.US exists as its own company. In October 2019, when Binance.US launched, Binance captured 60 percent of the legitimate cryptocurrency trading volume, its highest share of the global market since March 2019.
In this interview, Coley explained how Binance.US came to be, what it has been like to face the competitive and regulatory hurdles of launching a cryptocurrency exchange, and what stage Binance.US is in now, coming to the end of its first quarter.
- Binance to Block All US Users, Launch Regulation Compliant Spinoff Site
- Binance.Us and Tagomi Partner to Offer Institutional Liquidity and Access
- Bitcoin Magazine (@BitcoinMagazine)
- Dave Hollerith (@DsHollers)
- Catherine Coley (@cryptocoley)
- Celsius Network – Enter “BITCOINMAG” to get $10 off any deposit over $200
DISCLAIMER: The following content is for informational purposes only. You should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained in this presentation constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by BTC Media, The Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network, or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments.